Saturday, January 13, 2018

2018 Beat the Backlist Challenge


Beat the Backlist is a year-long reading challenge hosted by NovelKnight.

You can learn more and sign up HERE. 

I failed this challenge pretty bad last year. I got distracted by a lot of shiny new covers and forgot all about my backlist books. I can't promise that won't happen again, but for now I'm motivated enough to tackle a few books on my shelves.
The fact that this is such a laid back, go-at-your-own-pace, kind of challenge makes it all the easier to stick to. Hopefully. 

My reading goals are not very extensive this year so I'm going to keep my goal simple at 20-25 backlist books since I do still plan on reading newer books. 

I have a yearly TBR list over on Goodreads and on ListChallenges but here are a few backlist books that I own and hope to get to this year. I definitely can't list or share them all right now but maybe I'll make a separate listchallenge for my backlist book choices for the year. 


January
1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
2. The Borrowers by Mary Norton (Currently Reading)
3. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved doing this challenge last year. It was pretty laid back for me and I want to be more focused about what I read this year. I also love how you can go at your own pace for this challenge. Looks like you're making some great progress! (As a side note, I LOVED M is for Magic by Gaiman, such a lovely collection of stories.) Good luck with this and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to be laid back about it this year but still keep some focus on it and so far it's working! I've read quite a few! Now I just need to catch up on my arcs. Haha

      Delete