Sunday, July 2, 2017

The Sunday Post #67 - Hello July

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.


This past week was our Summer Staycation. We met up with family at the Florida Aquarium and had a lovely day chasing toddlers around. We took my daughter to Dinosaur World because she's obsessed with them right now. We even made the hour drive out to the nearest Target and Barnes & Noble to do some super early Christmas shopping. 

Today will be just as busy. I have family visiting for a BBQ. It should be fun but I might not be able to visit blogs until later in the day. 

I've been a little obsessed with instagram stories lately but I hate that they just disappear and no one ever gets to see them again so I thought I'd share a couple of my highlights of the week here. 

 One more update. I did something a little drastic and dyed my hair red when I chopped it off (it was down to my hips long.) Excuse my tired face, though. I'll be going in for dental surgery this week thanks to an infection that hasn't allowed me to get much sleep. I'll most likely be a bit late with reviews and such because of that.

NEW TO MY SHELVES

Thanks so much to Media Masters and Penguin Teen!

WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
TTT: Best Books I've Read So Far This Year
Book Blast & $50 GC Giveaway
Updated Upcoming Book to Movie Adaptations Master List
June Wrap Up
July TBR

RECENTLY READ

CURRENTLY READING

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

15 comments:

  1. I will be looking for your thoughts on Rocks Fall Everyone Dies, I have had my eye on it for quite a while. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get to it soon! That title alone has me so intrigued! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow.. That is some really early Christmas shopping! :D Love it!! I love your hair.. I wish I was that brave but except for some blond stripes I wouldn't dear to dye my hair.
    Daughter of the Pirate King looks gorgeous!
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a last minute shopper but all I have within an hour drive now is a Walmart so I'm hoping an early start cuts back on the holiday stress. And thank you so much! I never do anything with my hair so this was so out of character. I'm really enjoying the change. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, I have to know what you thought of Dinosaur World! Haha! I drive past it all the time and I've always been curious if it's bad. A Gathering of Ravens looks so interesting! And I hope you love Daughter of the Pirate King! Have a great week!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's small and not much to do besides walk around and look at dinosaur statues. Haha. They have a little excavating sand pit, giant dino puzzles, and an Exploration Cave where a 'paleontologist' gives a short little speech and allows the kids to touch a couple of fossils. There's a little indoor museum and a pretty cool playground, too. I think the wow factor would be lost on any kid over the age of 6 though. :)

      Delete
  4. Pirate King is one of my faves. It was so much fun! I am super jealous of all the people who already have the next book. I am waiting with grabby hands. Staycations are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it and feel the same way about the sequel now. Plus the cover is so pretty! :)

      Delete
  5. i feel for you about your infection. My mother just went through that too. Hope they fix you up quickly! Dinosaur World looks so fun. I've yet to visit Disney World. The Dragon Of The MOnth club was a fun one and some of your books books include authors I'd like to try. Happy 4th!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tooth infections really can be quite miserable.
      Happy 4th to you as well:) I hope you have a great holiday!

      Delete
  6. Great week you had! I hope you enjoy Daughter of the Pirate King!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Thank you so much for linking to Book Photo Sundays! I love sharing my photos so I'll definitely participate in that from now on! Hopefully it's okay to combine it with my Sunday Post!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the dental surgery, I think tooth pain is one of the worst! And Dinosaur World looks fun- hope it was a blast. I can see that being a kid magnet. :)

    Ooh sharks! And Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies looks good- I love that title! Have a great 4th of July week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg!Tooth pain definitely isn't pleasant!
      We had a good time at Dinosaur World. My daughter was very excited! She went nuts over the 'T-Rexies' and 'Ceratops'. :)
      Happy 4th!

      Delete
  8. I'm a huge dinosaur fan! And yes to sharks too...

    ReplyDelete