Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #16 - The Skeleton Tree by Kim Ventrella


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings and spotlights the books we are excited about and have yet to read. This meme is based on Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

I can't wait for...
The Skeleton Tree by Kim Ventrella


Expected Publication: September 26, 2017
by Scholastic Press
Goodreads

Synopsis:
Twelve-year-old Stanly knows the bone growing in his yard is a little weird, but that's okay, because now he'll have the perfect photo to submit to the Young Discoverer's Competition. With such a unique find, he's sure to win the grand prize. 

But oddly, the bone doesn't appear in any photos. Even stranger, it seems to be growing into a full skeleton...one that only children can see. 

There's just one person who doesn't find any of this weird--Stanly's little sister. Mischievous Miren adopts the skeleton as a friend, and soon, the two become inseparable playmates. 

When Miren starts to grow sick, Stanly suspects that the skeleton is responsible and does everything in his power to drive the creature away. However, Miren is desperate not to lose her friend, forcing Stanly to question everything he's ever believed about life, love, and the mysterious forces that connect us.

Why I Can't Wait:
I've been reading so many YA books this year and I'm starting to miss my fun middle-grade reads. I tend to stick to fantasy adventures, but I also really love a good spooky story and this one sounds so good!  This one comes out in September and will be the perfect spooky read for Halloween! 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a cute little read! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this one a few weeks ago and it caught my attention as well. Great choice this week and I hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a cute one for kids in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really cute read! I love a good middle grade book. Awesome pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really cute!! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome cover!! I hope you love this one!

    Here's my can't-wait read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an unusual, interesting read this is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this sounds fantastic. I think my son would probably really enjoy this story. Love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete