Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Sunday Post #56 - Spring Book Sale!

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.

I'm not entirely sure what's up with the weather this week. It was absolutely gorgeous out and then it dipped way down into the 30's! My summer veggies were not okay with that and neither was I, to be honest. It's Spring! I want to be outside! I know, I know; at least I don't get snow.

My town's Spring book sale happened recently and I was able to set aside a half hour or so to go on $3 bag day. The pickings were slimmer than usual but I came away with over 120 books and over 30 dvds for $21. The majority of the dvds are kids movies and likewise, the majority of the books are picture books and children's chapter books for the toddler and nieces/nephews. I've been lazy and only have one picture of the books so far so I'll have to add the rest next week. 

What You Might Have Missed
I shared the top 11 books I'm planning on reading during Spring and featured The Dragon's Legacy in last week's Can't Wait Wednesday.
I shared a review for the adorable picture book: Argyle Fox by Marie Letourneau and I finally got around to sharing my somewhat spoilery and disappointed review of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.

Books I Finished This Week
I'll have a love/hate review up for this soon.

Currently Reading

I just started ASOUE #5 and The Falconer yesterday but I'm still reading The Gauntlet because it's one of those terrible pdf's that won't work on anything but Adobe Digital which means I have to read it on my laptop and the book is great but how annoying is that?!

Currently Watching
We are all over the place on Netflix this week. I'm finishing up Reign and just started Medici and the new Marvel show Iron Fist (or something like that). The kiddo is still obsessed with the Jurassic Park movies but we've also been watching Pete's Dragon a lot as well. 

Currently Listening
RUFUS - Innerbloom
This is long, upbeat, and has words but I can't stop listening to it. It's my constant replay song of the week. 


I hope you all had a wonderful week and have another wonderful week ahead of you! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the local book sales. We have a couple a year at the library and they sell them by the inch. They need a measuring tape for my stacks! LOL

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. 120 books and 30 DVDs for $21?! That's insane o.o What an amazing deal, go you! :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I hate PDF reads. But yay for the book haul- that's awesome!

    I'm about 5 episodes of Iron Fist and still withholding judgment. :)

    ReplyDelete