Monday, May 30, 2016

May 2016 Wrap Up


This was another pretty great reading month. I had participated in the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge which pushed me to read a big majority of the arcs I had on my shelf. I do still have a couple left to get to (and a few newer ones) but I'm glad to have had that push to finish most of them. I also joined in on the Bout of Books Readathon which so far is my favorite readathon and I always try to participate in it. 
I read 12 books this month and it would have been more but I started Winter by Marissa Meyer halfway through the month and ended up taking FOREVER to finish it. It took up a lot of time and I only read a few short books during that time so I feel like I could have read at least 2 more big books in the time it took me to read Winter but I'm trying to finish up that series so I guess it was worth it.

If you'd like to see what I read vs. what I didn't get around to, you can check out my MY MAY TBR.

Books I Read


Pages Read: 4165
A record number for this year so far!

Challenge Progress



New Places Visited

(Cress)
Sahara Desert
Farafrah, Egypt
Kufra, Egypt
Siberian Tundra
Beijing

(Tru & Nelle)
Monroeville, Alabama

(On Your Mark: The Adventure Begins)
Delaware

-----------

Physical books from my shelves:

-----------



I could probably count a lot of the other's I read this month as fantasy but these are definitely fantasy, no questions asked. 

-----------


-----------



-----------
None this month but I am almost finished with The Lunar Chronicles (just need to read Stars Above) and the Oz series! 

-----------
 I may have to add this info in later. 
--------

Favorite Book of the Month
The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
This doesn't come out until August but I loved everything about it! It was amazing!
---------
How did you guys do on your goals this month? What was your favorite book? 

2 comments:

  1. Nice mix of books this month. Love the look of The Glass Castle and The Girl Who Drank the Moon has a very nice cover. That around the World challenge is kinda cool, it's nice seeing where books take place. The Sahara desert, Siberia... some nice locales there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the Around the World Challenge. Adding to the map is pretty fun. :)

    ReplyDelete