Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Sunday Post #3


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things you received, share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead, and more.


We missed Story Time this week and it's been pretty boring at home. We've been reading, playing, coloring a little. We did take our daughter to the park to run around in some big open fields now that she's really getting the hang of walking/running in shoes. It is seriously adorable to watch babies & toddlers walk! 

I saw some pictures of all the snow this morning and only just realized that there's a big snow storm on the east coast. I guess that's what happens when you live in Florida your whole life. You are kind of oblivious to the fact that there is actual weather everywhere else. It has just been really cold and windy here. Anyway, I hope you are all safe and stay warm bundled up with your brews and books! 

This Past Week On The Blog
Coming Soon
Book Review: The Adventures of Lettie Peppercorn

Children's Books Review Roundup #1

Books I Finished This Week




New Children's Books We Read This Week





What I'm Currently Reading



Throne of Glass  (#1) by Sarah J. Maas
There is sooo much hype wrapped around this book that I didn't want to read it and be disappointed but I also didn't want to read it and have to wait forever to read the next book in the series. I've started too many series lately and had to wait too long to continue them.  So even though I own a physical copy, I waited. Now that at least half the series is out, I feel better about reading them. And I don't let hype dissuade me anyway. Especially when it's fantasy. 

City of Thirst (The Map to Everywhere #2) by Carrie Ryan and John Parke Davis
I really enjoyed ' The Map to Everywhere'. Such a fun and adventurous story! I'm eager to return to the Pirate Stream and see more of Fin and Marrill! 

9 comments:

  1. I could take some Florida weather right about now! Although to be honest the storm passed south of us, so we didn't get hit. Nasty pictures though, I feel for the folks on the East coast. It has been cold here...

    Hope your reads are good this week. I do want to reads the Maas books at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures are making me very thankful for Florida! Although we do have excruciatingly hot summers.
      I'm about 75% through Throne of Glass and it is sooo good!

      Delete
  2. I want to read Thrones of Glass and the whole series, but I agree I hate waiting for the next one, so for now it's still on my TBR!! Have a good reading week!! And of course, have fun with your girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had Florida weather right now. Snow on the ground everywhere here in NY. I hope you enjoy Throne of Glass.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see snow again but maybe not as much as everyone is getting right now! Stay warm, Grace!

      Delete
  4. My daughter discovered a couple of her baby toys this morning and was having such fun playing with them. She asked me if I kept them for her because she loves me. LOL Your weather, I imagine, isn't terribly different from where I live in Southern California. I enjoyed your post about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's not a book I want to read, although there's a small part of me that is a little curious about the movie. I wasn't a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice when I first read it, but the second time around, I loved it and I have loved it ever since. I haven't read all of Austen's novels, but I would like to eventually. What I have read of her work, I love.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I felt about Wuthering Heights! I absolutely hated it the first time I read it. It made me feel so many new emotions! Then I read it again and now it's a favorite of mine! Same with P&P. I'm curious about the movie, too.

      Delete
  5. We have a little more weather than you do in Florida but thankfully we don't have all the snow. I'm not a fan of the whole cold thing! I love story time! It was one of the things I really missed when my youngest started school though he does love going back in the summer. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of snow but nope, I can't do the cold thing! I'm so used to the heat!

      Delete