Wednesday, January 27, 2016

2016 I Love Picture Books Challenge


This challenge is currently hosted by Bea's Book Nook.

*The Rules*

  • This challenge runs from Jan. 1, 2016 to Dec. 31, 2016 and you can sign up anytime throughout the year.
  • Read picture books. 
  • Pick a number, any number, and go for it.
  • Books you own and library check outs count. So do ebooks and rereads. 
  • Write a review - 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences for you review.
  • Post about the challenge and sign up with a direct link. 
------------

I just came across this challenge and just HAD to join in even though it's almost February.
I am a mother to a 1 year old who loves story time. When she's not literally throwing books at me to read to her, she's looking at the pictures in her books all on her own. We attend Storytime at our local library every week and load up on picture books while we are there to bring home and read. I am trying to work my way through the '1001 Books to Read Before You Grow Up' list too, so I will have read plenty of picture books by the end of the year. 

Because we read at least one new book every day I'm confident that I can set a really high goal, like 200 books, and read at least that many or more. And that will be without counting re-reads. But since the rules also require a review, I will knock my goal down to 100 books. I don't always have something to say about the children's books I read. Sometimes I find myself thinking the same things and using the same words (cute, adorable, fun, colorful, etc) over and over so I will try not to be too repetitive. 

MY GOAL: 100 books + reviews!!!

January



   

               








February












MARCH





APRIL





No comments:

Post a Comment