Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #31


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's topic is a back to school theme and asks which ten characters would be sitting at my lunch table. Since I've been out of school for sooo long, I'm just going to change it up a little and tell you all which ten characters I'd love to have lunch with. 

Top Ten Book Characters That I Would Love To Have Lunch With

I'm imagining that we are all at a big decorative table in a meadow or clearing in a forest on a beautiful day having a Wonderland-style tea party/picnic. I have a feeling this is going to be a ridiculous lunch gathering. 


1. Mad Hatter
(Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll)
We all need tea and madness added to this lunch and of course I have consulted him first on the planning of this lunch because my party planning skills are nil. 

2. Hermione Granger
(Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)

I'd expect her to have brought a book (or ten) along and chime in every now and then with some tidbit of knowledge about whatever subject we happened to be talking about. 

3. Daenerys Targaryen
(A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin)
Because we need dragons to come and roast our meat.

4. Linh Cinder
(Cinder by Marissa Meyer)
We'll need some cyborg company at this luncheon to toss things up and you never know when something might need fixed.


5. & 6. Widget and Poppet
(The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern)
I'd expect them to bring kittens for everyone to play with and to liven things up with their many talents.

7. Peter Pan
(Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie)
Because we definitely need more childish nonsense at this luncheon. It needs to be fun after all. 

8. Matilda Wormwood-Honey
(Matilda by Roald Dahl)
I can imagine very interesting bookish conversations between her and Hermione. 

9. Bilbo Baggins 
(The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein)
I can expect him to make sure we are eating our fill as well as filling this lunch with adventurous conversation. 

10. Drizzt Do'Urden
(The Icewind Dale Trilogy [and more] by R.A. Salvatore)
We'll definitely need my favorite Dark Elf around to protect us if we happen to be attacked by anything sinister. 

Yes, I can imagine this being a very interesting lunch. We should do this more often. 

4 comments:

  1. Love your list! The Mad Hatter would make for a ridiculous lunch table. Peter Pan is my favorite book, so I love to see him talked about! Bilbo is so sweet, I would love to hear his adventures over lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that this lunch isn't going to be long enough to get the one on one that I'd like with these characters! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I love everyone on your list! I'd love to have Khaleesi at my table! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete