Thursday, August 8, 2013

Booking Through Thursday #11

 
 
Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday.


Today's Topic:
All other things being equal (good writing, enthralling story, etc), which would you rather read—something serious, angsty, and tragic? Or something light, fluffy, and fun? Or a blend of both? (Since, really, isn’t that how real life works?)

______________

It's been a few weeks since I've done a Booking Through Thursday. I've just been caught up in life outside of  the internet (Wait. There's life outside the internet? Who knew!) and have been taking care of other things. I still am, actually. I just didn't want to neglect my blog too much so I came back to do today's meme.

 I very much prefer something adventurous. If it is fun and full of adventure, I will read it and love it. That's not to say that I like light and fluffy reads. If it's too light, I'm not going to enjoy it as much. I like a good complex adventure with tons of twists and turns, like a rollercoaster. (Rollercoasters are my favorite ride, by the way.) That may be why I love reading middle-grade books and young-adult novels even though I'm in my 20's. My favorite genre to read is fantasy and those are full of adventures. I'd rather read The Hobbit or something about a living in the woods or going on a grand quest than to read something about divorcing couples, murder cases, etc anyday. Life is boring enough as it is. I spruce mine up with a good fun-filled read. :)

1 comment:

  1. A good answer, I like a mixture.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete