Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon Wrap-Up

 
The Summer Lovin’ Readathon is a week-long readathon event hosted by seven independent bloggers! (Oh, Chrys!, Tumbling Books, Effortlessly Reading, Love Life Read, Shelf Addiction, Read Sleep Repeat, and Reviewing Wonderland)
____________________________
 
 
I unfortunately did not reach any of my goals.
I did read 2 and a 1/2 books but I had hoped to read at least 4. I was just super busy with the 4th of July holiday and Camp NaNoWriMo.
 
I did finish:
'The Bridge of Dead Things' by Michael Gallagher
Thief's Covenant by Ari Marmell
 
and started:
Dragon's Bait by Vivian Vande Velde
________________________
 
I also didn't have the chance to blog about my progress everyday (I hadn't planned on it) or participate in any Twitter chats or challenges. I did check in on the blog every few days and saw this neat BINGO challenge that they were doing and thought it would be fun to see how  much  little I got done on it.
 
Here's the BINGO card:
 
  
Here's how far I got:
 

 
There were a lot of things on there that I could have done, but I just never got the chance.
 
Despite that I didn't reach my goals or get much reading done at all, I still very much enjoy read-a-thons. I just join them now even though I don't have time to dedicate to them. They are still really fun and great motivation.
In fact, I'm also participating in the Once Upon A Read-a-thon that starts today and ends on the 10th. I just probably won't get a ton of reading done for that one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment