Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #6



Every Tuesday, The Broke and the Bookish hosts a meme called 'Top Ten Tuesday'
 
Top Ten Books Featuring Travel In Some Way (road trips, airplanes, travelogues, anything where there is traveling in the book!)

At first I couldn't think of anything except Harry Potter traveling by train, broom, and flying car. I haven't read many books that exclusively focus on travel unless it was a non-fiction travel guide to countries that I wish I could go to someday.
Almost every book features a little bit of travel, though, right?
 
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
This one is pretty obvious.
 
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
I felt like Gaiman had written this while traveling across America while I read it.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Bilbo did more traveling than he ever had before in this book.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
Tons of traveling across Middle Earth in these books. :) 

The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
I would love to travel via polar bear like Lyra. Also traveling to other worlds would be cool.

Candide by Voltaire
All I can really remember of this book is him traveling and ending up in a golden city.

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
I remember a few train rides to random places in Europe in the search for her father.
 

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Who wouldn't want to travel by moving castle?
 
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Does time travel count?
 
Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
Had to throw in a classic. Travels by boat. :)
 


3 comments:

  1. Ohh the Hobbit and LotR are definitely great travel books! TTW made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selections. I loved The Historian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time travel totally counts -- I used it too ;) Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete