Saturday, May 4, 2013

Stacking The Shelves #1




Stacking the Shelves is a  weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that features the books we bought, borrowed, were gifted, and were given for review. 

I will probably be doing these on Saturdays from now on as long as I have something new to share. :)

First off, I'm going to explain that there are absolutely no bookstores anywhere near where I live. I also cannot purchase books online right now. So my resources are limited to thrift stores and Wal-Mart. (*sarcastic 'Yay'*). I also do not own a physical e-reader but I have recently downloaded the free Kindle For PC to my computer and even though I cannot purchase ebooks, there are tons of free books to choose from and I have also discovered the online ebook library that my local library offers through Overdrive. So where do I get my books? The majority of them come from thrift stores. I'm okay with that because secondhand books need love, too. :)
BOOKS FROM THE THRIFT STORE
(5 for $1)


  • A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
  • Dante's 'The Divine Comedy' Vol. 3
  • The Ghosts of Kerfol by Deborah Noyes
  • Witch Child by Celia Rees
  • Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (book 2) by Suzanne Collins



BRAND NEW PURCHASE
(This was a gift from my fiancé last night. He really wants to see the movie and I refuse to see any movies without reading the book first! I had it on hold at the library but it was taking forever!)
WORLD WAR Z by MAX BROOKS
ARC EBOOK FOR REVIEW
I just received this one in my email this morning via the author and LibraryThing and am excited to read it and will probably do so after I read World War Z.


That's all, folks! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment