Thursday, May 16, 2013

Booking Through Thursday #1

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Booking Through Thursday.
 
 
What book(s) do you find yourself going back to? Beloved children’s classics? Favorites from college? Something that touched you and just makes you long to visit?
(Because, doesn’t everybody have at least one book they would like to curl up with, even if they don’t make a habit of rereading books? Even if they maybe don’t even have the time to visit and just think back longingly?)
 
 
Favorite books that I've revisited multiple times
 
I've re-read these books so many times I can't even count how many anymore.
 
This was one of my early childhood favorites. My copy is practically falling apart.
 
One of my favorites
 
I'm pretty sure I read this book every year of elementary school and even during the summers.
________________________________
 
I don't personally do a lot of re-reading anymore. I did as a child so that will basically be what I list here. Other than children's books, I'll re-read a book if it is being adapted into a movie. Also, I'll re-read a book if I finally get a chance to read the rest of the books in a series which is what I'm doing right now.
 
Most current re-read
(to finish series)
 
City Of Ember
 
________________________________
 
Most recent film adaptation re-read
 
The Great Gatsby

_______________________________
 

Re-reads planned for near future:
 
I first read this in 6th grade. About 15 years ago. Definitely time to read it again.
 
Need to re-read before the movie comes out in Nov.
 
I hated this book the first time I read it and as time passed I realized that I really loved it. I want to read it again and see if my reaction is the same.

1 comment:

  1. like your list of rereads and would add all of them to mine :
    am following you now..on GFC

    ReplyDelete